Thursday, March 25, 2010

One week old

This picture pretty much sums up our first week together. Cade loves to sleep. As do most newborns, but he loves it so much-that we have to wake him up when it's time to eat. He would rather sleep than eat! So far he is a very easy baby. (knock on wood that he doesn't suddenly change) He eats 7 times a day and when he does decide to be awake he is very alert and will stay awake for up to an hour sometimes. He is so fun. And of course the cutest baby I have ever seen! We had our first newborn wellness check on Monday and the doctor said that everything about him is perfect. He was back to his birth weight and has good coloring and reflexes. Cade only cries when he is getting his diaper changed and when it's time to burp-other than that he is very happy and peaceful. Brian and I are loving being his parents and taking care of him.

5 comments:

Jessica Madsen said...

Such a sweet picture! Glad to see you are getting some sleep!! You guys are already pros! Look at you go!

Lizzie said...

Darling picture. So sweet. And a little surreal :) You are such a sweet little Momma! I can't wait to meet him ... someday.

Steve Frederickson said...

That is the coolest picture...made me all teary eyed...

ashlea said...

I seriously have the exact same picture! I love it! You guys look so happy and content together! I'm glad you are loving parenthood and that everything is going well! I can't wait to meet him! Jude's excited to meet his buddy too!

Mrs. Butterworth said...

Stevie, he is such a cute baby! Congrats!! :)