Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Aloha

Brian and I went to Hawaii with his entire family to celebrate his Grandparent's 50th wedding anniversay. The week was spent relaxing and enjoying not being at work. It is so pretty there. We did so many fun things! We we to Waikiki beach, snorkling, surfing, site seeing, and caught some zzz's. Oh, and Brian got stung by a Portugues Man of War(a little jelly fish) The most exciting thing that we did was go sky diving. Seriously. I am not kidding, I jumped(well was more pushed out of a plane). It scared me to death and I had my eyes closed and held my breath until the parachute opened. I am glad I went, but don't think I'll ever go again. Here are some pictures from our trip.
Practicing my hula dancing with Will, Cara, and Natalee...
Brian got a wicked awesome white trash sunburn from the rash guard he wore while learning to surf
We went to Pearl Harbor and toured a battle ship and submarine. I could never live like that in such tight spaces. The monuments were interesting to go see, but made me sad to think about all the people that died that day.
We went to the Polynesian Cultural center as well. It was fun to see all of the different cultures represented by all the different islands. It also brought back fun memories from my highschool days...Inoke, Fui...ah those were the days.

1 comment:

Jared and Jesse said...

HTFICHI(Hot tongan friend, I can't help it!). PS I saw Inoke at the temple for Andrea Llamozas's wedding. The past came flashing before my eyes!