Sunday, July 6, 2008
Ode to batteries
So this happened about a week ago, but I'm posting it now. I had to come down to Salt Lake to take a final for one of my online classes and I was a bit early so I stopped at Wendy's to get some dinner before taking my test(I've heard it's good to take a test on a full stomach)so I go and eat and when I come back out to go up to the U and take my test....the car won't start. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Nothing happened when I turned the key. I called Brian and tried to remain calm, but knowing that I'd probably broken his car somehow. Turns out the battery was dead and all I needed to do was find someone to come jump my car and I'd be on my way. Sounds pretty simple huh. Well, I called everyone I could think of and kept getting no answers or of out of town responses. I finally found a friend to come and help me. We tried and tried and tried but the dear Mazda battery just wouldn't hold a charge. It was getting late and I had to go take my test. So I called my brother to come help me while I went to go take the test. By the time I got back they'd(my brother, his brother and sister in law, and and his brother in law's older brother-how many people does it take to fix one car battery!) figured out that I probably had a friedbattery and would need to go get a new one from Autozone, who thankfully was still open as it was almost 11 now. I went with my brother and his wife to get a new battery. When we got back to the car it turns out that none of really new how to install a battery. But my brother being the boy that he his, jumped right in and figured it out lickity split! I've never been so happy to hear a car start up! So after a few hours of car trouble and one final later I was on my way back up to Logan. Needless to say it was one long night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment